Saturday, August 21, 2010

On-line look book - KHAKI

Hi there,

I have started this blog to catalogue everyday looks that I love.  I am by no means a stylist - in fact - quite the opposite - it takes me a long time to decide what to wear - how to coordinate my clothes and what colours work together.  I spend a lot of time staring at my cupboard with a blank face and scrolling through magazines for inspiration.

A little while ago I decided that I would start a 'look book', but it's just crazy how much magazines are and since there is so much fashion in cyberspace - I thought - why not start a look book on line.

But... rather than this being the usual fashion blog where I find random cool looks - each week I will focus on one item and find a couple of pics to help you decide what to wear.

This week - everyday styling with khaki...

What colour do you wear with khaki?
How many colours should you mix together??
Can you wear khaki in the evening???

Check out these looks...


Kim Kardashian - one skirt: two looks... I would never have thought to match a red striped top with a khaki skirt - but I'm loving it for a more casual look!  For a more chic/sleek look - pair the same skirt with a black top and black heels...


El - always looks stylish - khaki on khaki - with a grey scarf - love it


Love this look- the khaki colour in the top matches perfectly with the pants...


Sarah Jessica Parker in khaki cargos and a t-shirt - makes it cool with a scarf and colourful handbag.


Kim Kardashian - always looks great!


Eva - in khaki cargos and a white t-shirt...



I love this look - could easily go from day to night - grey t-shirt and black jacket with hot heels!



or... black t-shirt and grey jacket!!



So... what have we learned??!! 

Grey and black are the obvious colour combination choices... oh - and white.  If you google Kylie Minogue in khaki - you will see her looking fabulous in a pair of khaki pants with a tailored crisp white shirt - couldn't get a nice pic to upload though.

In addition to the basics - we can add colour - either in the top or with a scarf.

I might have a go at coordinating my khakis - I'll take some photos this week and post them... I will try to be creative with my wardrobe.

Until then - have fun and good luck...

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment